Sunday, November 20, 2011

Short Scary Stories-Haunted School by Selinda

My Personal Notes: First off, I wanted to see how many Short Scary Stories, I could personally find in the public blog posts. But my mission also was to find short stories, that were actually written quite well! Hopefully, helping some of these writers get noticed for the creativeness and hard work that wen't into their writing. And also, at the same time give some insight to people out there, that may of thought about writing, but just thought they couldn't do it, or nobody would ever notice them. I'm here to tell you all...that if you have a passion to write, or even if you just love reading in general, the opportunities today...are massive and you will be heard, you just have to get out there and do it! Now onto some Amazing Scary Stories.

I had been assigned to a school that was over 75
years old located less than a mile from a cemetery.
As a brand new teacher, I often stayed late
organizing and preparing my lessons for the following
day. Usually I was left alone in the building, long after
other teachers had gone home. But I liked the quiet
hallways and working late into the evening. Except
for the custodian, I was completely by myself at school.

One night, the custodian came to my door. He asked, "Ms. T did you need something? I saw that you pressed the emergency button in the gym." Surprised, I told him I hadn't gone to the gym and although I appreciated his concern, I reassured him that I hadn't called for help. He looked a little pale and stared at me for a few seconds. "Maybe some kids got inside and are playing," I told him. "There is no one in the building" he said abruptly and quickly walked down the hall into one of the classrooms to finish cleaning. I thought it was odd that he hadn't gone to the gym to check.

Curious, I walked towards the gym and opened the heavy doors. It was pitch dark but I could hear whispers. As soon as the door opened unexpectedly, it sounded like students had scampered to hide. There was a basketball rolling on the floor. I tried to flip on the light switch but the lights didn't work. I left the door open, and walked inside. I spotted the emergency intercom button, on the adjacent wall by the entrance. The air felt a little thick and musty. I could feel someone watching me at the back of the gym.

"Hello, who is there?" My voice echoed in the stillnss of the vast room. For some reason I was compelled to walk inside and investigate. I went to the restrooms to make sure there wasn't anyone hiding or playing inside. The light switch didn't turn on in either of the restrooms. They were empty. The only light emitted in the gymnasium was from outside. As I made my way back to the entrance, I thought I heard footsteps a few feet behind me. Everytime, I walked, the steps followed me. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and by one of the gym walls I could make out the shadows of two boys. "What are you doing here?" I asked. I started to approach them but as I got closer, the shadows disappeared. I was stunned. I stood there in the middle of the gymnasium staring at the empty room. I told myself, my eyes couldn't have been playing tricks on me. I know I had heard whispers, steps, and had definitely seen the shadows of two children.

The next day, I told another teacher what had happened. She was quiet for a moment and then explained that several years ago, there had been an accident in the gym. There were a couple of students who had sneaked into the gym after hours to shoot baskets. No body knew how the fire started. People thought it was an electrical accident due to faulty wiring. The smoke filled the gym quickly, but the doors had gotten stuck and they couldn't get out. The boys perished trapped inside the gym. She signed, "They are buried at the nearby cemetery just down the road. I guess their ghosts still come to play."



Now go and write some amazing Short Scary Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment