Friday, November 25, 2011

Short Scary Stories-Strange Visitor by Peter

My Personal Notes: First off, I wanted to see how many Short Scary Stories, I could personally find in the public blog posts. But my mission also was to find short stories, that were actually written quite well! Hopefully, helping some of these writers get noticed for the creativeness and hard work that wen't into their writing. And also, at the same time give some insight to people out there, that may of thought about writing, but just thought they couldn't do it, or nobody would ever notice them. I'm here to tell you all...that if you have a passion to write, or even if you just love reading in general, the opportunities today...are massive and you will be heard, you just have to get out there and do it! Now onto some Amazing Scary Stories.

I had been transferred to another town. The company had relocated
me into a nice brick house not far from my workplace. I was excited to embark on this new chapter in my life. But it wasn't long before I realized that there was something wrong with my home. I was still living out of boxes and I had only the essentials available to me. My days were long and by the time I got home, I was completely exhausted. I'd often eat, shower and fall asleep on the coach. One night, I had a strange dream. Someone was watching me sleep. He leaned over me as I slept. He had a scowl on his face. I couldn't make out the features but it looked like an older gentleman and he was angry. I quickly dismissed the strange dream. On the third night, the temperature in my room had dropped. I awoke shivering. Had a cold front come in during the night? My eyes gradually adjusted in the darkness. I coughed and the smoky vapor emitted from my breath startled me.

Something was wrong. First of all it was icy cold in the room. More importantly, I felt as if someone was watching me.

Had someone broken in? I sat up. From the corner of the tiny bar in the den, a grey mist was slowly moving across the room. I wiped my eyes making sure I wasn't imagining things. By now I was wide awake. The foggy mass seemed to move with a purpose. I was immobile and the thick mist drifted towards the front door. I eventually got up to investigate. I followed its movement and opened the front door of my house. There was no one there. But that wasn't what surprised me the most. Outside, the air was warm and still. It was only cold inside my house. I checked the thermostat. The air conditioner wasn't even on! I couldn't explain the chill in the room.

As the weeks passed, I settled into the house and eventually got myself a bed and moved into the bedroom. One night, I heard footsteps. There was a rustling sound coming from the living room. Rats? The sound stopped and I made a mental note to call an exterminator. I got up to get some water from the kitchen. As I left my bedroom, I stopped in my tracks. Something was standing at the end of the hallway. It was a dark figure. My heart started to pound. Then the figure quickly moved away from the entrance. I turned on the hall lights. I walked into the living room expecting to catch the intruder. There was no one. I looked everywhere. I didn't have much furniture and there weren't too many places he could hide. The fact is there was no one in the house. What was going on in my home? I wasn't dreaming or hallucinating. I know I saw a dark figure of a man.

I didn't know who to ask or what to do about this strange happening. Eventually things settled down and I forgot about it. Several months later, I was sleeping in my bedroom. I started to have the strange dream again. There was someone watching me and my heart started to pound in panic. It startled me so much, I awoke. I glanced to the right of my bedroom. Coming out from the dresser mirror was the dark figure of a man. It was pitch black, darker than the night. He stood at the foot of my bed. I couldn't make out eyes or any facial features at all. But I knew he was staring at me. I was lying in bed completely paralyzed. He started to walk toward me. I was so shocked, I couldn't even open my mouth to speak. My mind raced and I started to think of the Lords prayer. Suddenly and unexpectedly a blue light from the bathroom window came on. The alley is behind my bedroom and bathroom. I don't know if it was a car driving by or what had caused the blue light to come on. But as soon as the light entered from the window, the dark figure turned away from the light and walked right through the closed bedroom door and out of my room. What had I just seen?

It wasn't long before I moved out for good. I was never a believer in the paranormal and I thought ghosts were simply a figment of someone's overactive imagination. I no longer scoff at people who claim to see ghosts. I never did find out who or what was haunting that house. But I wasn't going to stay and find out. Whatever it was, I'm sure is still there at that house.




Now go and write some amazing Short Scary Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment