Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Short Scary Stories-Playful Ghost by Selinda

My Personal Notes: First off, I wanted to see how many Short Scary Stories, I could personally find in the public blog posts. But my mission also was to find short stories, that were actually written quite well! Hopefully, helping some of these writers get noticed for the creativeness and hard work that wen't into their writing. And also, at the same time give some insight to people out there, that may of thought about writing, but just thought they couldn't do it, or nobody would ever notice them. I'm here to tell you all...that if you have a passion to write, or even if you just love reading in general, the opportunities today...are massive and you will be heard, you just have to get out there and do it! Now onto some Amazing Scary Stories.

We had settled in our yellow brick house on the corner
of Homer street. My children were very young at the time and
as a single mom, I did everything I could to make the big move
as comfortable as possible. I don't remember exactly when I first noticed strange things about the house. There were creaks and unusual sounds. But I quickly dismissed them as part of the house settling. After all it was built in the 1930's.

It was the last week of September and we were about to celebrate my son Jimmy's 4th birthday. I had everything set at a nearby Pizza place and there were plenty of games to take part in. He had received many gifts but the one he took the most interest in was a simple red balloon given to him at the party. Late in the evening at home, my children were still in a playful mood. They chattered endlessly in my bedroom. Still excited from the party, my children were laughing and running around the house. I could hear them calling to the balloon beckoning them to follow. It floated in the air as they called to it, "Over here, over here," they laughed delighted as the balloon followed their every move. I didn't think much about it, until they returned to my room.

It had been an unusually hot Texas night and I had the window air conditioner running full blast. The air blew directly towards the entrance. The kids bustled back into the room and called to the ballooon as it hovered in the hallway by the door for a few seconds. "Follow me, follow me" they begged. Then suddenly defying physics, the balloon lowered itself from the ceiling and entered the bedroom.

I didn't say a word to them, but I was dumbfounded. I couldn't logically explain to myself what I had just seen. This was a strange happening. ​ I watched my kids as they played tag with the red balloon taunting it to chase them. To my disbelief, the balloon followed them throughout the house. It was as if someone or something held the end of the balloon string and played with my kids. Later my daughter got ready for bed. As she started up the small ladder that led to the top bunk, I heard her scamper almost tripping over herself. She ran to my room upset, "mommy, mommy!" She held me tight around my waist. "Mommy someone is in the bed!"

I peered from the hallway and turned on the light to her room. I tried to get her to see that there was no one. She wouldn't budge. She told me later in my room that as she climbed up to her top bunk bed, she could see through the rungs. "A little boy was asleep in Jimmy's bed." My son Jimmy had fallen asleep earlier in my bed, so I knew it wasn't him. She stared for several seconds thinking it was her brother. Then she realized a stranger was in his bed. She described a boy with blond hair around Jimmy's age. He lay in his bed in a fetal position with his hand under his head asleep. She said she could see right through him. Needeless to say, we all slept in my bed that night. This would not be the last of the little boy ghost. There would be more paranormal events in this strange house. But it was evident to me that night, my children had been playing with a ghost!




Now go and write some amazing Short Scary Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment